Friday, April 9, 2010

Slaughter and Shuffling


So yesterday morning as I was drinking my damn fine coffee I was watching THE DARK KNIGHT again. Highly recommend watching the joker in the morning by the way, opens up your whole perspective for the day. There are probably a million of y'all who saw this a while ago, but it wasn't until that morning that I noticed what was written on the side of the truck that the joker is in. Maybe insignificant to some, I enjoyed it immensely. As a lot of you know, I have the awe of a two year old.

In other news I had a nice long walk around different variations in the "borough", finally started working on a portfolio that I have had planned for a while, very exciting to have a viable working camera at my disposal now. Hung out with fly Miz Lopez in da hood and had a great 2am train journey back. The subway at 2am can be an amusing place if you are in the right state of mind. So many drunk or sketchy people or drunk sketchy people. My ride was a mixture of greatness from the "perfect ipod shuffle", which I will touch back on and fear from the creepy guy with the suit and giant umbrella following me for a while, sitting near me and staring at me for the whole ride. Back to the "perfect shuffle", so a long time ago before I had an ipod (a few months ago) I was against the shuffle setting, thinking pretentiously that it tainted the way in which you should listen to music. Gradually I started coming around and now I have come to terms with it on many levels. I have a shuffle philosophy that I am sure some of you can relate to. There are mainly three types of shuffles:

1) The shuffle that is mediocre and after a few songs is mainly used for the purpose of hitting that one song that makes you realize what you should be listening to, and you switch to that album.
2) The shuffle that is pretty damn horrible and makes you wonder whether you should even be listening to an ipod and not reading a book.
3) Then last but not least there is what I call "the perfect shuffle", this consists of an ingenious mix of songs that just make 'sense' to you at that moment. Some songs are similar and some are polar opposites but you never feel the need to skip any and it is as if the ipod is implanted in your brain sensing songs that your not even aware of needing to hear. There are also the moments during "the perfect shuffle" in which you are thinking of a particular song in your head as the last song is ending and that exact song comes on next, a magical moment in the context of the 2am train ride to OZ

Thanks for reading my psycho babble, stay tuned for more rantings by the sea...

1 comment:

  1. There is not such a thing but in your imagination... Those magical moments only happen once in your life time, the ipod shuffle depends on the music you have stored in it. You have the power of controling your own music, your own shuffle... your list, your mood.

    ReplyDelete